Post Image Most of us are aware the people (not just kids) say the darnedest things. It's shocking what pops out of the mouths of people who should know better.

As for the title of today's blog: no, I have not yet experienced this beauty but with more than a 100 pound loss in my future, I just might. I have to admit, I feel both anticipation and dread over it. Anticipation because I eagerly await the ligitimate use of the word "thin" in reference to my formerly fluffy self, and dread because the statement is so horribly glib.

Glib: Lacking tact and forethought.

It is a word I frequently weild against my unsuspecting Honey. Poor man. I do love him dearly!

Anyway, "Getting thin has changed you." I know you all can hear the words echoing in your ears, and the tone of voice you are imagining is making it clear that you are not being complimented. I envision an individual who somehow believes that my weight-loss has negatively affected my character and , thereby, their relationship with me.

Lets just state for the record, that there are plenty of people who get thin and in the process get ironically too big for their britches. The problem is not that they lost weight and turned into someone else, the problem is that they had character flaws from the get-go and losing weight just brought them to the surface in a more noticable way. But I digress...

Losing weight is going to change us. It just is. The same as having a baby or getting married does. As all significant changes in life, we not only have to adjust to how we feel about our selves, but to how people respond to us. I'm not going to pontificate on which is more difficult, but lets just agree that our self-adjustment is hard enough: people and their own glibness often make it that much harder. To this I add: it is especially noticable with significant weight-loss as everyone can see the change.

This blog is about change. Weight Watchers is about change. When people notice it, sure, they have their own take on whether or not they like it but the fact is that there are tons of people who don't like change at all, no matter what that change is. It's not your problem. Don't hate the people who have a hard time with your change, though. Remember how long it took you to change whatever you needed to change in order to just sign up for WW to begin with. It can be hard. For many of us, it's a choice we waffle about for years or make every January first.

So what am I saying? Change is just difficult. Cut your glib friends and family a break, and then continue on your healthy way and let them do their own adjusting. Sadly, this may mean the end of certain relationships as you knew them, or the end of them all together. Such is life, I'm afraid.

Don't let the things people say deter you from continuing in your good decisions. You're doing the right thing. Don't worry. You are!