Post Image I'm sitting here observing the irony that, in pre
paration for Mother's Day, I just spent an afternoon slaving cake, salad and chicken that are to be srved tomorrow afternoon in my honor. How did that happen? Ah, I suppose it's more fitting than ironic.

Anyway, the food. I'm actually pretty charged about it. We're going over the BIL and SIL's house (brother-in-law and sister-in-law...I spend a lot of time with them, so they are bound to find their way into this blog from time to time) to grill. Marinated chicken and ribeye steaks are on the menu along with my SIL's specialty: a decadent casserole of hash brown potatoes, real sour cream, cheese and butter. I will be having a half a cup of that. If I'm feeling brave, maybe I'll ask her for the recipe and feed it through the recipe builder. Or maybe I won't...but I should, so I will. Sorry to vomit my stream of consciousness all over the screen...

I'm bringing a salad. I picked up organic greens and i'm slicing up some strawberries to go in it along with some sunflower seeds (yum, my new favorite thing to put on a salad). I'm going to go for the two tablespoons of low fat raspberry vinaigrette on mine. So...salad is good. Grilled chicken is going to save my hide when it comes to protein. As much as I love ribeye, i'll be having a few bites. That's it.

And cake. Oh, cake...my weakness, I admit. And I made a doosy for tomorrow. Don't worry, though, I was listening to my Fairy Weight Watcher. I made the lemon cake with applesauce instead of oil and it is frosted and filled with a combination of sugar-free lemon pudding and Fat Free Cool Whip. I even took a picture of it for you!

I promise to enjoy and track every bite! Happy Mother's Day to all the moms. AND happy Mother's Days to all those who help us be the mothers we want to be. Honey, that's just for you!